Sketchbook: 17/09/2011 & 18/09/2011

Relatively unproductive weekend, didn't get very much drawing or anything done at all! Had the best night's sleep I've had in about 2 weeks though, it was nice to just go home and have one last taste of normality before things get going.

We took my sister's puppy to the park and let her off the lead for the first time and she went absolutely mental, darting and diving all over the place. For some reason, though, I totally forgot to take my sketchbook. So unfortunately, instead of exciting dog pictures, you get my fireplace and a chewed up bird puppet.


Another unsuccessful attempt. I've not quite taught myself to consider buildings and objects in terms of their most basic shapes, which I think is why I struggle so much. I just kind of start drawing without really thinking it through or planning it at all, leading to all sorts of scale and perspective problems.


As above, same issue. The angles on the door are all skewed but I at least attempted to look at it in bits, rather than the whole object all at once.


This page is really really empty so I might go back and add to it. Started drawing my cat's ears then he got the hump and ran off.


Drawing fast-moving cars whilst in a car, on a motorway, is very difficult. It's easy to get frustrated — there's barely enough time to even put pencil to paper before the car you're trying to draw is gone. I think I'm worrying too much about the detail at this point, so I need to focus on the shape of the thing.  I'm finding it quite laborious to keep working in pencil so next time I attempt some buildings and whatnot, I'll give it a shot using ink.

Really wish I'd done more this weekend. Must admit this blog certainly puts things into perspective in terms of your output, although it's quite disheartening to look back and realise that you've been nowhere near as productive as you thought you were.

0 comments:

Post a Comment