Ron showed us this fantastic little Pixar short on Monday. I felt a bit sorry for the ball though, so as I was playing around with my angry bouncing balls I thought it could be quite funny to try and have it jumping up and down on Luxo's head.

Drawing Luxo proved to be a nightmare, though, and animating him convincingly proved to be even worse. I tried to have him kind of jolt downwards when the ball would strike his head, but it was just a bit too complicated for me at this early stage. Luxo has so many moving parts to think about it would have been too much of a hassle to try and work out, especially for such a silly idea.

I don't really want to give up at this stage so I'll have a go at simplifying his design a little bit. I want to get rid of all those moving parts and maybe just have one long flexible neck or something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment