Sketchbook: 16/09/2011

Things are settling down a little now. Heading home for a quick visit this weekend before everything kicks off next week. Had a bit of a break before setting off, so wandered down to Farnham castle, saw some more of the town and got in a bit of drawing time with the chaps :]


Some shoddy figures here, but I kind of like the one in the middle!


Still having difficulty with buidings and things. Need to really be more careful with things like scale and perspective.


This one was just doomed from the start. Started at a weird angle and just went downhill from there. I wanted to rip it out of my sketchbook but I'm forcing myself to keep it. I'm not sure if there's any value to posting it here, but I'm going to call it an exercise in learning that everything I do is crap bad drawings happen!



There's a beautiful view of Farnham from the top of the fields behind the campus, and unfortunately I completely failed at capturing any of it. I think a different medium might help; with a pencil there's too much temptation to overwork things and be too precious over every single drawing. I tend to find working in ink and things keeps things a bit looser so I might give that a try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment