Stair climbing V1

Hopefully I'm not going to jynx it, but I had a much better day today. Managed to get the stair climbing all drafted out and ready to go!



I'm not sure why but Vimeo appears to have skewed the frame rate/overall duration very slightly but hey-ho. It took me a while to get the hip rotation right (major thanks to Ron for suggesting it!) but I'm actually fairly pleased with the results.

It's far from perfect of course, I'm sure there are still countless things I could fix, but I think it's working. I'm satisfied that I've managed to actually do something and get results. Dare I say it, I might even be a very teensy-tiny bit proud that I managed to keep working despite how crappy I've been feeling.

Anywho — unfortunately he's just an egg with legs at the moment... next I have the challenge of the arms and head. I'm actually quite pleased with the little drawing at the beginning of him standing at the foot of the stairs. It sounds daft but I'm hoping that it might help me to balance out the first walk cycle a little bit!

Touch wood that this good streak continues...

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You wouldn't believe how many times I've mentally leaped over the moon when I saw your positive words about yourself. That's really made my day :P

It looks fantastic so far! I think his legs look very smooth as he takes his first few steps up the stairs. I can really see his weight as his leg bends down, plus it's obvious how he's dragging his weight upwards as he prepares for the next step. I find it believable and it makes me eager to see the rest of it. I love all of your work and I can't wait to see the final results both here and in digital :)

Post a Comment